- No Set Start Dates, Study at Your Convenience
- Lifetime Access to Course
- Certificate Can be Used for Job Search
- Contact Us Anytime with Questions
- Use Any Device to Access Course
- Ages and Stages of Childhood Development
- How Children Learn Through Play
- Guiding Childrens'Behaviour
- Child Health, Safety & Nutrition
- Final Exam in Language of Your Choice
- Certificate Printed in English
- Make an Appointment at Your Local Employment Centre to Apply for Funding
- Have to be Actively Looking for Work to Qualify
Who Qualifies as a Responsible Adult?
A Responsible Adult is a person that is 19 years old or more and is able to provide care and mature guidance to children. They will have completed at least 20 hours training in child development, guidance, health and safety or nutrition, and have relevant work experience.
Does a Responsible Adult Need Training?
Yes, people who work with children need current training so that children they take care of can receive quality care and have a healthy start to life.
Does Responsible Adult Training Have to be a College or University course?
Individuals may be trained in a variety of ways – online, in workshops, conferences, seminars or classes offered through local recreation centres, or through working with an experienced child care provider who can share knowledge and skills. Head Start Online Schools’ online Responsible Adult Course is 20 hours in length, meets the BC Child Care Licensing requirements, and is in the process of being accredited.
Do I Need to Renew the Responsible Adult Course Training at Any Point?
The 20 hour Responsible Adult Course is a one-time training. You will not need to renew your certificate.
Who Can I Contact For More Information?
Contact us at 604-426-1243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Does the Responsible Adult Course Begin?
Our online Responsible Adult training is self-paced. The course starts when you login, and the course finishes after the final exam. There are no set dates, no time limits, and you have lifetime access to the training materials.